Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is day the 43rd day of school, Wednesday, October 26th, 2016. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 78 degrees.
Howl At The Moon Day, so Howl At the Moon Day and Night.
On This Day in History:
On this day in 1881, the Earp brothers face off against the Clanton-McLaury gang in a legendary shootout at the OK Corral in Tombstone, Arizona.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
Neutron stars are so dense that a teaspoonful would weigh more than all the people on Earth.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
Happy Red Ribbon Week and during Red Ribbon Week It is important to know that you must be responsible with alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs because they can be harmful to your body and to your mind. We all have the choice of what to put in our bodies. You have the power to keep yourself and others safe from the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. Remember our theme, Drug Free…It Begins with Me!
Frank Lloyd Wright, famous American Architect, said,"The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen."
Today, we have _________ from Mrs. Gonzalez's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Please remember to come to school everyday and on time; and maybe you can win one of the great prizes in our attendance raffle! This Tuesday, and I would also like to acknowledge some of our students and the excellent work that they have done in ST Math. They are: Christian Resendiz, Anthony Gonzalez, Jesus Cruz, Anthony Chamu, Cesar Duran, David Torres, Adrian Martinez, Cristian Nicanor, and Brian Sojo. Each of these students has reached 40% completion. In addition to these students, we have Jhovanny Olivares at 60% completion of the curriculum and Antonio Gonzalez at 100 % completion of the curriculum. Way to go everyone! It's great to see how well you are all doing.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.