Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is day the thirty-fifth day of school, Wednesday, October 12th, 2016. The forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high of about 75 degrees.
Old Farmer's Day - Old Farmers Day, a day devoted to old farmers and their farming techniques.
On This Day in History
On this day in 1492, After sailing across the Atlantic Ocean, Italian explorer Christopher Columbus sights a Bahamian island, believing he has reached East Asia.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
Around a million, billion neutrinos from the Sun will pass through your body while you read this sentence.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
Good digital citizens will handle technology equipment responsibly by keeping it clean, carrying it with two hands, and returning it each day. Good digital citizens will not damage equipment in any way (i.e. eating or drinking around equipment, vandalizing, or stealing).
Anne Frank, victim of the Holocaust and writer, wrote, "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Today, we have _________ from Mrs. Beahr's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Please remember to come to school everyday and on time; and maybe you can win one of the great prizes in our attendance raffle! STEAM Team members, please make sure to meet on the blacktop today after school and we will get started out there.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.