Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today the 53rd day of school, Wednesday, November 9th, 2016. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 90 degrees.
Go to an art museum day, so get yourself to one of Escondido's or San Diego's fantastic art museums
On This Day in History:
In 1989 East Germany opens the Berlin Wall - East German officials opened the Berlin Wall, allowing travel from East to West Berlin.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
The Earth's average velocity orbiting the sun is 107,220 km per hour.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
When we own our school at recess, that means that we take care of our school property, we remember to put everything away and we use the equipment the right way. We also make sure to put all of our trash in trash cans.
Aristotle, Greek philosopher and and scientist, said, "Quality is not an act, it is a habit."
Today, we have ________________ from Mrs. Wallner's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Falcons, don't forget The Jump Rope for Heart Campaign will take place for the next two weeks at Farr Elementary. During this time we will be practicing jumping rope, learning about keeping our hearts healthy, and helping others through good citizenship. There will also be opportunities to earn lanyards and other great prizes, so let's get jumping!
And...Remember to leave your recycling out Friday for pick up
Also don't forget to remember to come to school everyday and on time because if you do, maybe you can be a winner in our attendance raffle!
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.