Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is the 116th day of school, Tuesday, March 7th, 2017. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 74 degrees.
Alexander Graham Bell Day - The holiday recognizes the day when Alexander Graham Bell was given a patent for his new invention - the telephone.
In 2009 Despite only being 17 years old, Brazilian soccer star Neymar makes his professional debut for Real Madrid
Here's Your Science Fact for Today:
Multitasking makes you less productive. When you multitask, your brain simply rapidly toggles back and forth between tasks. This results in decreases in attention span, learning, performance, and short-term memory.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
Remember that this is The Season Of Non Violence, this week we concentrate on Way of the Week 4 – Kindness
And... your daily challenge is to do three kind things for others today. Help pick up trash at lunch or carry someone’s books. Ask your teacher if he/she needs help with anything. Help your mom or dad with chores at home.
In addition to The Season of NonViolence, we are also concentrating our S.O.A.R. values and this week we focus on respecting everyone in the computer lab, the cafeteria, and the library; and when we respect others in these places, we good about what we are doing.
Hubert Humphery, an American politician who served as the 38th Vice President of the United States under President Lyndon B. Johnson, said, "The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love."
And today, we have _______________________ from Mr. Sandoval's class to lead you in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Remember to make sure to come to school everyday and on time and maybe you can win a prize in our attendance raffle.
Also please stay out of planted and landscaped areas around school. We want all of our plants to grow.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after all of you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.