Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is day the thirty-fifth day of school, Wednesday, October 12th, 2016. The forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high of about 79 degrees.
International Skeptics Day - Do you question everything and never accept things at their face value? Then, International Skeptics is the holiday for you.
On This Day in History
In 1792, The cornerstone is laid for a presidential residence in the newly designated capital city of Washington. In 1800, President John Adams became the first president to reside in the executive mansion, which soon became known as the “White House” because its white-gray Virginia freestone contrasted strikingly with the red brick of nearby buildings.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
Quasars emit more energy than 100 giant galaxies and are the most distant objects in the Universe.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
Remember when using technology, good digital citizens will maintain privacy by speaking only with school staff about personal information. Good digital citizens will always log out, and will not share passwords or use another student's password.
Anton Chekhov, Russian play-write and short story writer, wrote, "Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."
Today, we have _________ from Mrs. Beahr's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Please remember to come to school everyday and on time; and maybe you can win one of the great prizes in our attendance raffle!
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.