Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today the 58th day of school, Wednesday, November 17th, 2016. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 75 degrees.
Take A Hike Day, wear your most comfortable hiking shoes and take a hike because it is Take A Hike Day.
On This Day in History:
In 1777, Congress submits the Articles of Confederation to the states for ratification.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
The lowest temperature on Earth was -128.6°F (-89.6°C) in Antarctica in 1983.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
So, remember that owning our library and computer labs means that we take care of the machines and books that we use so that you and others can use these things for a long time to come.
Bertrand Russell, British philosopher and Nobel Laurette, said, "The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
Today, we have Bryan MunozReyes from Mrs. Merry's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Remember it's Jump Rope for Heart week, so make sure to to get your donations in and bring in your envelopes!
Also a friendly reminder, please do not run through any of the planted areas on campus. We want those plants to grow, so that our school is beautiful; and we want to take pride in where we learn.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.