Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today the 54th day of school, Thursday, November 10th, 2016. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 87 degrees.
Forget Me Not Day. All of us have people in our lives that we care about but are bad about keeping in touch with, so reach out to those people on Forget Me Not Day!
On This Day in History:
In 1775 we have the Birth of the US Marine Corps - During the American Revolution, the Continental Congress passes a resolution stating that “two Battalions of Marines be raised” for service as landing forces for the recently formed Continental Navy.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
The Earth weighs 6.6 sextillion tons, or 5.97 x 1024 kg.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
Today is Thursday, the end of our short week, so let's think about all of the ways we can own our school at recess, breakfast, snack, and lunch; and let's make an effort to do those things, so that we can have a beautiful school to learn in.
Arnold Palmer, famous American golfer, said, "The road to success is always under construction."
Today, we have David Torres from Mrs. Wallner's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Falcons, don't forget The Jump Rope for Heart Campaign will take place for the next two weeks at Farr Elementary. During this time we will be practicing jumping rope, learning about keeping our hearts healthy, and helping others through good citizenship. There will also be opportunities to earn lanyards and other great prizes, so let's get jumping!
And...Remember to leave your recycling out for pick up today.
Finally, have a great Veteran's Day Holiday, and remember to take some time to remember all those men and women who have served or are serving in the military. These Americans have done so much to give us many of the freedoms that we enjoy today!
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.