Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today the 55th day of school, Monday, November 14th, 2016. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 89 degrees.
Spicy Guacamole Day. The holiday encourages guacamole lovers to spice up their favorite party dip.
On This Day in History:
On this day in 1851, Moby-Dick, a novel by Herman Melville about the voyage of the whaling ship Pequod, is published by Harper & Brothers in New York. Moby-Dick is now considered a great classic of American literature and contains one of the most famous opening lines in fiction: “Call me Ishmael.” Initially, though, the book about Captain Ahab and his quest for a giant white whale was a flop.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
The center of the Sun is about 27 million degrees Fahrenheit (15 million °C).
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
This week we continue talking about owning our school and in particular, the library and my favorite place the computer lab. Again, when we go into these place on our campus, we want to make sure that take care of all the great books, the equipment, and the computers because when we own our library and computer lab we show that we value our education and feel good about our learning.
B.F. Skinner, American psychologist, wrote, "A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying."
Today, we have Temoc Delgado from Mrs. Merry's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Today's announcement is brought to you by Jump Rope for Heart! Did you know that your heart is about the same size as your fist? If you are an adult, your heart is about the same size as your two fists. Your heart beats about 100,000 times in one day and about 35 million times in a year. During an average lifetime, the human heart will beat more than 2.5 billion times.
Remember, Jump Rope for Heart is this week. Your fund raising envelope from the American Heart Association has all the info you need about fun thank you gifts. Be sure to go online at www.heart.org/jump and send messages to friends and family.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.