Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is the 115th day of school, Monday, March 6th, 2017. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 62 degrees.
Dentist’s Day which
celebrates dentists all over the world and honors their role in keeping us healthy and smiling
In 1899, the Imperial Patent Office in Berlin registers Aspirin, the brand name for acetylsalicylic acid, on behalf of the German pharmaceutical company Friedrich Bayer & Co.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today:
More than 100,000 chemicals reactions take place in your brain every second.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
As we continue with The Season Of Non Violence, this week we concentrate on Way of the Week 4 – Kindness
Plato said, “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” What he meant by this is that we should always treat people with kindness because we never know what kinds of things they are going through. Maybe they don’t have enough food to eat or a place to sleep. Maybe their families are fighting. Maybe someone they care about is very sick. Your kindness can make a huge difference in someone’s day. Be kind not because you expect to get something in return, but because you want to make the world a kinder place through your actions.
Daily Challenge: Do three kind things for others today. Help pick up trash at lunch or carry someone’s books. Ask your teacher if he/she needs help with anything. Help your mom or dad with chores at home.
And today, we have _______________________ from Mr. Sandoval's class to lead you in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Also remember to make sure to come to school everyday and on time and maybe you can win a prize in our attendance raffle.
Finally, please stay out of planted and landscaped areas around school. We want all of our plants to grow.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after all of you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.