Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is the 91st day of school, Monday January 30th, 2017. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of about 77 degrees.
Croissant Day - Wake up and head straight to your favorite bakery to get a croissant for your breakfast, because it is Croissant Day.
On This Day in History:
In 1936, the U.S. Baseball Hall of Fame elects its first members in Cooperstown, New York: Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Christy Matthewson and Walter Johnson.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today:
A higher IQ is correlated with more dreams
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
This week we will talk about what it means to act responsibly in the library and in the computer lab. Please discuss with your teachers what it means to act responsibly in these places on campus.
This week we also begin the "Season For Non-Violence". The Season for Nonviolence celebrates the lives of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi, and their goal to make the world a more peaceful place. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi were known for their focus on seeking solutions that were safe, respectful, and responsible. They created positive change through their words and actions and inspired individuals, including students, all over the world to be peacemakers. In honor of this Season, each week you will be learning a new concept that reflects the spirit of the Season, and you will be asked to take on a challenge that will help you to be an everyday peacemaker at your school and in your community.
Thich Nhat Hanh, a Buddhist teacher, said, "If in our daily life, we can smile....not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work."
And today, we have Dominiq Lira from Mrs. Montoya's class to lead you in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Remember to make sure to come to school everyday and on time and maybe you can win one of the fantastic prizes in our attendance raffle.
Also please stay out of planted and landscaped areas around school. We want our plants to grow.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.