Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is the 74th day of school, Thursday December 19th, 2016. The forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high of about 68 degrees.
Underdog Day - This holiday owes its name to the term “underdog” popularly used in sports and competitions and refers to someone who is popularly expected to lose.
On This Day in History:
In 1777, commander of the Continental Army George Washington, the future first president of the United States, leads his beleaguered troops into winter quarters at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Here's Your Science Fact for Today:
The dinosaurs became extinct before the Rockies or the Alps were formed.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
This week we are going to review S-O-A-R...SOAR. Remember S means to stay safe, O own our school, A act responsibly, and R respect everyone; and if we do these things, we will feel good about ourselves and do well in school.
Douglas McArthur, an American five-star general and field marshal of the Army in the Philippines, said, "The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself."
And today, we have Samantha Castro from Mr. Smith's class to lead you in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Make sure to come to school everyday and on time and maybe you can win one of the fantastic prizes in our attendance raffle;
Also please stay out of planted and landscaped areas around school. We want our plants to grow.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.