Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is day the thirty-second day of school, Friday, October 7th, 2016. The forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high of about 93 degrees, so make sure to drink plenty of water
World Smile Day - This holiday encourages people to do acts of kindness to spread good will and cheer, so let's all remember to smile today boys and girls!
On This Day in History
In 2003, actor Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected governor of California, the most populous state in the nation with the world’s fifth-largest economy.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today
There are more living organisms on the skin of each human than there are humans on the surface of the earth.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
Today is Friday and all this week we have been talking about Bullying and the importance of being responsible, respectful, and safe. Remember stopping bullying begins with you!
Neil deGrasse Tyson, American astrophysicist, author, and science communicator, said, "No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives."
Today, we have _________ from Mr. Szakall's class to lead us in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Please remember to come to school everyday and on time; and maybe you can win one of the great prizes in our attendance raffle!
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember, to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.