Good Morning Farr Falcons!
This is Mr. Herman and today is the 106th day of school, Friday February 17th, 2017. The forecast calls for cloudy skies and rain with a high of about 63 degrees.
Random Act of Kindness Day - is a day to practice kindness and pay it forward.
On This Day in History:
In 1801, Thomas Jefferson is elected the third president of the United States. The election constitutes the first peaceful transfer of power from one political party to another in the United States.
Here's Your Science Fact for Today:
Water is made up of two elements, hydrogen and oxygen. Its chemical formula is H2O.
At Farr Avenue School, Falcon's S.O.A.R...
This week we talked about acting responsibly during assemblies and programs. Please discuss what responsibility looks like during these events with your teachers and classmates and why it is important to be responsible.
Helen Keller, an American author, political activist, and lecturer, and the first deaf and blind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree, said, "The highest result of education is tolerance."
As we reflect on the Season of Non-Violence - Way of the Week, week 2 – Appreciation
Remember that this week we concentrated on appreciating ourselves and you wrote five things about yourselves that you like about YOU! Every one of us is special in our own way and has something different to contribute to making our world a better place, so let's appreciate ourselves and others!
And today, we have __________________ to lead you in the pledge. Now, please stand...Put your right hand over your heart, ready begin...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
This Monday and Tuesday is a holiday in honor of Presidents Lincoln and Washington, so enjoy your four day weekend and we'll see you bright and early Wednesday morning!
Also remember to make sure to come to school everyday and on time and maybe you can win a prize in our attendance raffle.
Finally, please stay out of planted and landscaped areas around school. We want all of our plants to grow.
Remember, Safety First!
- On your way to and from school remember to use all crosswalks, obey all traffic signals, and watch out for one another.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, you freeze, wait for a teacher to blow his or her whistle, and walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until a teacher says that you may get up to line up.
- Please remember to pick up after yourself after you eat breakfast, snack, and lunch. Mr. Larios does not want to pick up after you!
- At the end of the day, please leave the campus quickly and either walk home or wait in front of the office for you parents. If your ride is not there, please wait at the front of the school patiently and quietly for your ride.
Thank you for your attention to this morning's message, S.O.A.R. today, and remember to come to school every day and on time because when you miss school you miss out.